30 Amazing Food That Can Cure Common Diseases #3: In this series of posts, certain foods’ health and medicinal benefits will be discussed. 30 Amazing Food#3 series will be published fortnightly.
Mango is known in different languages as: –
- Sanskrit – Amra, Chuta, Rasala, Sahakara, Kamanga
- Hindi – Aam
- Latin – Mangifera Indica
- Bengali – Aam,
- Marathi – Anwa, Amba
- Kannada – Mavinphala
- Telegu – Mamidi
- Gujrati – Ambo
- Tamil – Mangal
- Sindhi – Amb
- English – Mango
Curative Properties of AAM: –
- Taking Mango pulp mixed in mild or drinking milk after eating mango imparts energy strength and vigor to the body.
- Juice of mango regularly taken in the evening eliminates physical weakness and improves the nervous system.
- Taking mango or mango murabba after meals- helps in gaining weight and acts as a general tonic.
- Take 1 cup of Mango juice with 1 cup of milk, 1 tsp. ginger juice, sugar to taste- daily eliminates mental weakness and strengthens the heart.
- Massaging the hair with Mango 0il (by cooking Kernel of Mango stone in billing mustard oil. Cool it, strain, and store) one or two hours before washing stops untimely greying of hair.
- Applying the ground Kernel of Mango and a small Harar in milk (preferably of a goat) on the forehead gives immediate relief.
- Taking mango and milk regularly eliminates anemia.
Indigestion and stomach problems:
- Sucking the juice of mango followed by milk regularly eliminates constipation and indigestion.
- Taking 70 gms. of Mango juice and 2 gms. ground sonth in the morning – Improves appetite and cures indigestion.
- Licking ground powder of mango kernel with honey or boora in the same proportion gives instant relief in acidity.
- Chewing a few pieces or sucking the juice of raw mango eliminates indigestion due to fish-eating.
Loss of Appetite:
- Taking the juice of Desi Aam little rock salt and sugar candy – twice a day helps in restoring lost appetite.
- Mango murabba after meals is also very useful.
- ½ cup sweet mango juice taken with 25 gms curd and 1 tsp ginger juice 2 or 3 times a day – controls loose motions.
- Taking decoction of the bark of mango (Boil 20 gms. powder of mango bark in 1 kg water till 25 gms. is left) with 1 gm. Kaala Namak twice or thrice a day is also useful.
- 10 to 15 gms. ground powder of mango stone taken 2 or 3 times a day cures loose motion.
- Applying the paste of mango stone on the navel also is helpful.
- 20 gms. juice of fresh leaves of mango taken with goat’s milk (preferably) and honey 3 times a day helps in checking dysentery.
- Taking the paste of rind of a mango tree with honey twice a day checks for dysentery.
- 2 gms. ground powder of stones of mango and Jamun (in equal proportion) taken with an equal amount of Khandsari sugar – trice a day with water, is also very useful.
- Taking the powder of stone of mango with whey is also recommended.
- ½ tsp ground powder of the leaves of mango (dried in shade) taken with water 2 or 3 times a day is also useful.
- Decoction of the seed of mango (20 gm. Cruse guthli to boiled in 1 kg water till 25 gms. water is left) with Desi Shakkar and honey – two times a day, controls vomiting.
Nausea during pregnancy:
- Sucking desi sweet mango gives instant relief.
- ½ tsp ground Kernel of the Mango stone to take with sugar candy mixed in water 3 or 4 times a day to control excessive thirst.
- 10 gms ground paste of fresh leaves of mango with honey to take 3 or 4 times a day, could check this.
- Applying the powder of seed of mango as toothpaste on the teeth strengthens the gums and helps in curing all dental problems-foul smell, pyorrhea, etc.
- Applying the ashes of burnt dry leaves of mango with little mustard oil and salt as toothpaste makes the gums and teeth strong and shining.
- Sucking the juice of mango roasted on hot sand clears all bronchial congestions and gives relief.
- Taking mango regularly makes the complexion fair and skin soft and shining.
- Applying the paste of mango mixed with a little rock salt and oil to the affected parts gives quick relief.
- 50-60 gms., of mango juice and 10-15 gms. honey taken regularly in the morning eliminates swelling and enlargement of the spleen.
- 8 gms. finely ground powder of leaves of mango (fresh leaves dried in shade) taken with water (kept in a glass overnight) daily helps in breaking the stones and throwing them out.
- Taking sweet deshi aam followed by lukewarm milk at night helps in inducing sleep.
- The juice of the inner side of the rind of the mango stem if taken daily can be useful.
- Ground powder of stone of mango taking 2 or 3 times a day is good.
- 20 gms. ground powder of Kernel of mango stone taken with whey for a few days is advisable.
- Taking decoction of the inside of the bark of mango tree (1 kg inside portion of the bark to boiled in 5 kg water till 1½ kg is left) mixed with sugar candy or sugar to taste regularly 2 or 3 times a day, eliminates the problem of discharge.
- Massaging the affected part with powder of the Kernel of mango stone mixed in mustard oil eliminates pain.
Eruptions due to heat:
- Rubbing raw mango over these eruptions gives instant relief.
- 5 gms. of powdered Kernel of mango taken with water 2-3 times a day is useful in Asthma.
- Taking powdered Kernel of Mango stone with fresh wter cures the habit of eating soil in kids.
- Taking roasted Kernel of Mango stone like supare is also useful.
- Giving dried Amchoor powder soaked in pure honey twice a day cures this problem in malnutrition children.
- Giving sweet mango is also useful.
- Applying the paste of roots of mango on palms and soles of patient checks and cures fever.
- Taking raw mango’s ‘Panna’ (boil or roast a raw mango mix in its pulp Gur, roasted ground Jeera, Coriander, salt, and powder of black pepper and water) 3 or 4 times a day eliminates the effect of sun-stroke.
Click to Follow: Facebook and Twitter
You Must Read:
#1 :ANAR (Pomegranate) 30 Amazing Food ..
#4: Ajawayan 30 Amazing Food ..
#5: 30 Amazing Food Ajwaan
Coriander:Cure Common Diseases
(Carrot): Cure Common Diseases
(Amla)P-II: Cure Common Diseases