45th International Kolkata Book Fair 2022 that is now been held since 28th February will come to an end on the 13th of March. The salient features of this year’s Fair are –
- Bangladesh is the theme country this year
- This year is the centenary year of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- Bangladesh pavilion is showcasing in 50 stalls by 42 publishers
- This year Bangladesh is celebrating the Golden Jubilee of their independence
- The other countries that participated in the fair are UK, USA, Russia, Italy, Japan, Iran, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, and several Latin American Countries
The relationships between India and Bangladesh is old and natural. This year at Kolkata International Book Fair 2022 celebrating 50 year old bond has strengthened further.
- Nearly 550 stalls of different publishers and institutes
- More than 25 lakhs footfalls already
- More than 200 little magazines
- Mamata Banerjee, Chief Minister of West Bengal, and Bangladesh State Minister for Cultural Affairs, M. Khalid inaugurated the fair. On this occasion, Chief Minister renamed the ground ‘Boimela Prangon’.
- The 45th International Kolkata Book Fair was postponed last year, due to COVID-19,
- COVID guidelines are followed in the Fair
The 45th International Kolkata Book Fair is exhibiting books of many languages like Bengali, English, Urdu, Hindi. Hindi Literature plays an important role when it comes to Indian Culture. This culture and importance are still alive because of magnificent writers and Hindi authors in the new era.
Iran pavilion is participating for the first time in the 45th International Kolkata book fair 2022 and they have showcased Ramayana in the Persian language.
Fair Location: The Central Park Mela Grounds, Salt Lake, Now ‘Boimela Prangon’, Beside Korunamoyee Bus Terminus
Fair Timing: 12 pm to 8 pm
You may also read: The International Kolkata Book Fair 2022 #1