30 Amazing Food That Can Cure Common Diseases #1: In this series of posts the health and medicinal benefits of certain foods will be discussed. 30 Amazing Food That Can Cure Common Diseases #1 series will be published fortnightly.
Anar is known in different languages as: –
- Sanskrit – Dadima, Dandabija, Lohita puspako, Karaka
- Hindi – Dadim, Anar
- Latin – Punica Granatum
- Bengali – Dalim, Bedana
- Marathi – Daliva, Dalinva
- Kannada – Dadimba
- Telegu – Danimmchetta, Dalimkaya
- Gujrati – Dalima
- Tamil – Madai Chettaddi
- Sindhi – Anara
- English – Pomegranate
Curative Property of ANAR: –
- Taking juice of ANAR regularly gives physical and mental energy and enhances blood cells and improves blood circulation.
- Indigestion and stomach ailments:
- Taking Juice(15gm) or ripe sweet Anar with ground roasted cumin seeds (Jeera powder) and jaggery-twice a day – eliminates all stomach problems.
- Taking seeds of anar with powder of Kali Mirch and Sendha Namak sprinkled on it – relieves stomach ache.
Cold and Cough:
- Taking one tablet (Make the powder of rind of Anar tree with 1/8 th Sendha Namak mixed with little water to make tablet) 2-3 times a day relieves cough.
- Taking tablets ( Mix 20 gm rind of Anar tree with 5 gm Black pepper, 3 gm of peepal, in syrup of 40 gms jaggery. Make small tablet about 2 gm each) 2 or 3 times with warm water dissolves trapped phlegm and useful in cough and even asthma.
- Taking decoction of the rind of Anar to destroy worms (Grind rind of Anar -25 gm with 3 gm of Palash seeds, 5 gm Vavavidang and heat it mixed with water on slow fire till the water is reduced to half, cool and strain it)
- Taking 2 gm of the dried ground rind of Anar and oranges with Whey (ChaCha) and little Kala Namak to taste – twice a day kills worms.
- Nose Bleeding:
- Pouring Anar juice in the nostrils helps check to bleed.
- Taking about one cup of Anar juice with sugar-candy 2-3 times a day checks nose bleeding.
- Tooth problems:
- Using the Anar flower powder (after drying the flower of Anar in shade – Grind them and strain) on teeth helps in curing bleeding gums.
- Taking the powder of rind of Anar stem (10 gm rind dried in shade and ground with 6 gm roasted Jeera and 10 gm jaggery) two times a day checks loose motions.
- Taking 1/.2 cup juice (10 gm rind of Anar dried and ground with 2 cloves and boiled in 1 glass of water for 5 minutes) three times a day cures blood and mucus with motions.
- Taking juice of Anar is very useful in fever.
- Foul Smell in Mouth:
- Gargling with boil water helps to eliminate foul smells. of the rind of Anar
- Heart Palpitation:
- Taking 10 – 12 gm ground fresh leaves of Anar with 1 cup water 2, 3 times a day gives relief.
- Taking sarbat of Anar gives instant relief in palpitation of the heart.
Intestine and Liver Problem:
- Taking Anar juice regularly cures all intestine and liver afflictions.
- Taking about 6 to 8 gm of the ground rind of Anar with water twice a day helps in curing piles.
- Applying a paste of ground fresh leaves of Anar over the lower abdomen in case of feeling of pain helps in controlling abortion or miscarriage.
- Menstrual Problem:
- Taking 1 tsp ground dried rind of Anar with water twice a day stops excessive bleeding.
- Taking ground 20 gm of fresh leaves of Anar with water twice a day stops excessive bleeding.
- Night Discharge:
- Taking 2 – 3 gm ground dried rind of Anar with water twice a day regularly eliminates night discharge.
- Taking 5 gm ground dried ring of Anar with fresh water morning and evening or taking Anar flower (dried in shade) with honey twice a day cures too much-urinating tendency.
- Applying a paste of dried ground rind of Anar to the hair for half an hour before wash clears off all the lices.
- Applying the paste of dried ground rind of Anar mixed with Gulabjal and leaving it for some time before washing eliminates spots, and freckles on the face improve the complexion, and makes the skin soft and lustrous.
- Taking 10 gm of Anar juice (kept in an iron utensil overnight open but covered with a thin cloth) with Mishri the next morning regularly helps in curing Jaundice.
#5: 30 Amazing Food Ajwaan